Venachar is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rural Stirling Housing (RSHA) and its registered office is c/o RSHA, Stirling Road, Doune FK16 6AA.
It is a non-charitable body (Company no. SC447415) that has been set up to deliver projects that meet RSHA's objectives but which the Association cannot deliver directly.
Our first Business Plan can be viewed here.
It operates in accordance with an Independence Agreement with RSHA and its remit is:
- To provide management services to private owners in the local area
- Operation of the Rural Stirling Empty Homes Project including:
- Administration of loans to owners of empty property in accordance with the Scottish Government's Empty Homes Loan Fund, utilising the allocation of monies from the Scottish Government to RSHA and on-lent to Venachar.
- Entering into lease agreements with those owners to enable the property to be brought back into use as affordable housing.
- Management of other property owned, developed or acquired by RSHA as agreed with the parent
- Other activities as agreed with RSHA from time to time as part of the Business Plan.
Through Venachar’s small but growing role in meeting local housing and community needs we are currently:
- Providing management services to Trust Housing Association in respect of 16 homes it owns in Killin
- Letting a small number of Mid-Market Rent (MMR) properties in Callander and Strathyre that have been leased from our parent, RSHA. These were shared ownership properties where the Association has bought back the owners share, without grant.
- Offering property management services to private owners in the local area, with one property in Doune currently in management.
- In discussion with two local community trusts about the possibility of providing management and advice services in respect of affordable homes they either own or plan to develop.
A copy of the services offered to property owners can be viewed here.
A copy of Venachar’s Lettings Policy can be viewed here.
Venachar is overseen by a volunteer Board of three members - two independent and one RSHA nominee, as follows:
- Hector Currie (Chair)
- Alison Smith
- Margaret Vass (RSHA nominee)
Venachar does not directly employ staff and has a Service Sharing Agreement with RSHA.