0141 774 4433

Glasgow City Building are the Associations contractor for Gas Central Heating. If you have a problem with your boiler please call 0800 595 595. Lines are open 24hrs a day 365 days a year.

If you have an emergency repair when the office is closed you should telephone our emergency call handling service City Building Services on 0800 595 595. Please note this service is for emergency repairs only. Please note that if you report a repair outwith office hours which is not an emergency or report a repair which has been caused by your own negligence you may be recharged.

Examples of repairs that may be classed as emergencies.

•Loss heating where no alternative heating is available.
•Loss of lighting in internal bathrooms.
•Loss of electric power.
•Loss of water supply.
•Blocked or leaking foul drains, soil stacks or toilet pans where there is no other toilet in the house.
•Blocked sink, bath or drain.
•Significant leaks or flooding from water or heating pipes, tanks, cisterns.
•Toilet not flushing where there is no other toilet in the house.

Note: Abuse of this emergency service may result in a charge for additional call out costs. Residents should ensure they are not responsible for the fault before reporting an emergency repair.

Examples of what you may want to check before reporting emergencies

If there is no electric power has an appliance tripped the supply at the consumer unit, have you removed electrical appliances and tried to reset the trip switch? Is there credit in the electric meter?

If the heating is not working is there credit in the gas and electric meters? Are the power supply switches, controls and thermostat/thermostatic valves on? Is the boiler pressure above 1 Bar, have you attempted to reset the boiler?

If there is a water leak is it coming from your washing machine, is it spillage, can it be contained or turned off?

Other Useful Contact Numbers

Transco (Gas Leaks): 0800 111 999 (Transco will provide advice on what you should do when you call).
Police 0141 532 4600
West of Scotland Water 0845 601 8855
West of Scotland Water (Sewerage) 0845 600 8855
Stair-lighting 0800 595 595 

Alterations and Improvements

The Association’s Committee has agreed and implemented a policy on Alterations and Improvements. Tenants wishing to change, alter, remove or renew any element within the Association’s property must request permission from the Association in writing. Some examples of where tenants require the Association’s written permission are:

•  Satellite dishes
•  Renewing kitchens
•  Renewing bathrooms
•  Fitting Showers
•  Ceramic Tiling to walls and floors
•  Renewing doors
•  Carrying out electrical work of any nature
•  Building garden sheds
•  Decking
•  Slabbing
•  Driveways
•  Fitting laminated or solid wood flooring
•  Fitting of gas fires

Permission will not be unreasonably withheld, but for obvious reasons, the Association may require to inspect before any request is granted. The Association reserves the right to instruct tenants to remove any alterations that the tenant does not have permission for.
It is quite often the case that when a tenant leaves a property, the Association has to carry out costly repairs to return the property to its original condition. The costs for this type of work could mean there is less money for other vital repairs.

If you want to carry out any alterations, please contact our offices to discuss BEFORE, you start any work.

Are you Satisfied with your repair?

It is important to the Association that we hear your views on the standard of the repairs service we offer. It is vitally important that you return the tenants’ satisfaction questionnaire after your repair has been carried out. This will allow us to monitor our contractors and improve their performance if necessary. When you request a repair by the Association, we send you a questionnaire that asks about the quality and standard of our repairs service. It also informs you of when your repair should be completed. Please let us know the day after if your repair has not been completed on time and our maintenance staff will pursue the contractor on your behalf.  Each returned questionnaire is entered into our free quarterly prize draw.

Right to Repair

The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 introduced the Right to Repair Scheme, this means that tenants who report a repair which is classed as "qualifying" repair have the right to have this repair attened to within a specified Timescale. If this timescale is not met then tenants also have the right to contact another contractor from the association's list of approved contractors to have the work carried out.

Important Information about Gas Servicing

Gas Servicing is carried out to all of the Association’s properties annually and it is a legal requirement of the landlord to ensure it is carried out to our properties. Under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 the Association must ensure that all of its gas heating and hot water appliances are serviced at least once in every 12 months.

The servicing of your gas equipment is extremely important for your health and safety and to others who share the building. The risk of carbon monoxide poisoning or gas explosion is a real threat, and annual servicing greatly reduces any such risks. Only by allowing access to your property can you help to be sure that you are safe. The gas service will highlight any defects and the Association will ensure that they are rectified as soon as possible.

Failure by tenants to refuse or continually deny access is a breach of your tenancy agreement and entry will be forced to your home and you may face Court action.

External Repairs

We will keep in repair the structure and exterior of the house.


Contact Us

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.