0141 889 7105

Paisley Housing Association’s Welfare Benefits Service has been operating since 2013 and in this time has helped many of our tenants to claim what they are entitled to. If you want to apply or are having problems with any benefits please contact Alan Graham our Welfare Benefits Officer on 0141 583 4123 or email alan.graham@paisleyha.org.uk.

We can help our Tenants, Prospective Tenants and Factored Owners with their benefits and will provide information, advice, assistance, advocacy and representation when dealing with all benefits, such as:

Housing Benefit

Universal Credit

Council Tax Reduction

Jobseekers Allowance

Employment and Support Allowance

Tax Credits

Disability Living Allowance for Children

Attendance Allowance

Personal Independence Payment

Our service can also help you develop a budgeting plan particularly if you are on Universal Credit and have to manage your own rent payments.

If you are moving into a new home we can assist in applying for grants or loans from:

Scottish Welfare Fund

DWP Budgeting Loans

Charitable Grants

Alan is available Monday to Thursday by appointment either at the office, by phone or home visit and by phone on a Friday morning

If Alan is unable to help with your particular issue he will signpost you to an organisation that can help or can provide direct referrals to the following agencies:

Adviceworks for Money and Debt Advice

RAMH for Housing Support and other Mental Health Services

Foundations First which can help manage your money if you have a child living with you some or all of the time

Details of most advice agencies in Renfrewshire can be found on the Advice Renfrewshire website



Whatever your question about benefits we will always try our best to help and give the best advice possible.

I am struggling to make ends meet, can you help?

Our Welfare Benefits Service is here to try and make you better off, Alan can conduct a Benefit Health Check to make sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to.  Billions of pounds of benefits go unclaimed each year and it has never been more important to make sure you are not missing out.

If any benefits are identified that you can claim Alan can assist you in completing the form and will be with you right through to your award being made.

You can also check if you are claiming the right benefits by doing a benefit check yourself on the entitled to calculator.

A member of your family disabled, can they get extra benefits?

If you are disabled you may be entitled to Personal Independence Payment if you are aged between 16 and 64, Disability Living Allowance if you are under 16 or Attendance Allowance if you are over 65. If someone in your family is disabled you may be eligible for Carer’s Allowance. Alan can help you claim these benefits.

If you are awarded any of these benefits you may be entitled to extra money in your other benefits or may become eligible for other benefits for the first time.

I am worried or have been affected by changes to benefits, what can I do?

Alan can discuss your benefits with you and give details of how this may affect you and what the effect is likely to be.

If you have an unoccupied bedroom or have been affected by the benefit cap and are facing a reduction in your Housing Benefit, Alan can help you try to mitigate this.

We will assist you in applying for Discretionary Housing Payment, check if you can have an additional room allocated for your disabilities and check if there are other benefits you can claim.

I have been refused a benefit or had a benefit overpayment, can I challenge this?

If you have failed a medical for your Employment and Support Allowance or Personal Independence Payment, been refused DLA, had a benefit sanctioned or had a decision made that you think is wrong. We may be able to help you appeal this decision and provide representation at your hearing.

If you have had notification that you have been overpaid benefit and you think this is incorrect or unfair we can help you check into this and may be able to assist you to appeal the decision.

If you want to challenge a decision it is important you deal with this straight away as you only have 1 month to appeal the decision. We will explain to you what an appeal means and what we will do to help and if we can represent you, we will be with you through the whole process. 

Furnishing in your Home

Paying for your Home HB

Paying for your Home UC

Pension Credit

Personal Independence Payment Guide

Universal Credit

In this Section

  • Apply for a HouseApply for a House

    Read More
  • End of TenancyEnd of Tenancy

    Read More
  • Living in Your HomeLiving in Your Home

    Read More
  • Paying Your Rent Paying Your Rent

    Read More
  • Resident Participation Resident Participation

    Read More
  • Properties Coming SoonProperties Coming Soon

    Read More

Looking for some help Call us on 0141 889 7105

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.