0141 771 9590

You may be entitled to benefits to cover all or part of your rent.

Housing Benefit

Please remember, as it is your rent account you are still responsible for ensuring that the rent is paid, even if you qualify for Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.

You may qualify for assistance from Housing Benefit. Housing Benefit (HB) is a government subsidy administered by the local authority (Glasgow City Council), which helps people who are on lower incomes to pay their rent.

If you qualify for a rebate, you will pay a reduced amount towards your rent (or perhaps have no amount to pay ) every month, however it is up to you to ensure your Housing Benefit claim is in payment. 

We are very keen to see all those who might quality for benefit applying for it. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would qualify for Housing Benefit then you should apply to check. Please contact Lyndsay or Clare at our office if you would like further information. We keep a supply of Housing Benefit application forms or will assist you to apply online.

Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work, which merges together some of the benefits and tax credits that you might be getting now. UC will be paid monthly and will include your rent cost which you will then be responsible for paying to the Association.

UC rollout began in Glasgow from 8th June 2015. The UC expansion is for single people with or without housing costs aged between 18 years and 60 years and six months at present.

UC is expected to rollout to everyone in 2018.

If you have any queries about Universal Credit please contact Lyndsay or Clare at our office.

In this Section

  • Pay Your RentPay Your Rent

    Read More
  • Why You Need To PayWhy You Need To Pay

    Read More
  • Problems Paying RentProblems Paying Rent

    Read More

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.