0141 887 4053

The type of support we provide;

We provide an advice and support service to the tenants and residents of the Association. 

The service is provided 5 day's a week, either by dropping in or by making an appointment. 

Below is a summary of what we can help you with;

  • Benefits Health Check (to ensure people do not lose out on their entitlements)
  • Income Maximisation (via the benefit system)
  • Assistance to complete benefit applications forms
  • Advice and support throughout the application process
  • Assistance when dealing with public departments, such as Renfrewshire Councils Housing Benefit Services, Job Centre Plus (JCP), Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs (HMRC), Department for Work & Pensions (DWP), The Pension Service etc. 
  • Assistance to resolve disputes with public departments
  • Assistance to appeal against decisions made by public departments
  • Provide personal representations at Independent Tribunals


Latest welfare changes that may affect you

Universal Credit

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is gradually rolling out the delivery of Universal Credit across the UK (including Glasgow), which will eventually move all working age claimants of Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Income Support, Tax Credits and Housing Benefit into one single monthly payment.  For most claimants who currently receive Housing Benefit but have paid direct to the Association, this will mean you will be responsible for making the payment for rent as awarded by the DWP.  Contact your Housing Officer for further information on your rent payments if you are claiming or in receipt of Universal Credit.

Disability Living Allowance(DLA)

This is being replaced by Personal Independence Payments (PIP) for claimants who are of working age.  All existing working age DLA claimants will be invited to claim and be assessed for PIP; please get in touch with the Welfare Rights Officer for assistance if you require it.

Bedroom Tax

The under-occupancy deduction to Housing Benefit (“bedroom tax”) is still being applied to all working age Housing Benefit claims (with some exceptions), although in Scotland this shortfall has been mitigated by Discretionary Housing Payments covering the reduction in benefit by all who apply.  Please contact us if you believe you are affected by this reduction in benefit.

This is just a brief summary of high profile changes and other reforms that are taking place which could affect people according to their own individual circumstances; if you require assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the Welfare Rights Team on 0141 847 5219/5204 for further advice and information.

In this Section

  • The Welfare Rights TeamThe Welfare Rights Team

    Read More

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.