Paying Your Rent



Rent payments are due in advance on the 1st of each month and can be paid using Bank Giro Credit slips for payment at any Bank of Scotland (detailing your name and address on the reverse), Standing Order directly crediting our bank account with your monthly rental amount from your bank account, we can also provide you with our bank account number and sort code to enable you to pay your rent through on-line banking and Allpay (a card allowing you to pay your rent at any allpay outlet in your area including the Post Office and also online using their website www.allpay.net. Allpay have recently introduced for registered users of the service the opportunity to pay your rent by text).  We have recently introduced the option for tenants to pay their rent using a debit card within the office and payments using a debit card can now be used over the telephone.  Please note that credit cards will not be accepted.

If you would like to use any of the methods mentioned above, contact the office for further details.

Why must you pay your rent?

It is vital that you pay your monthly rent due to the Association, not only because it is a requirement of your tenancy agreement, but also because it allows the Association to deliver good quality housing and services, such as investment in our properties and repairs.

If you are having difficulty paying your rent: Please contact the association immediately

It is essential that you contact the office as soon as you are aware that you have a difficulty to pay your rent as it is your responsibility to keep your rent account up to date. However, Housing Officers will be able to give you advice and try to help find a way to solve the problem.

Although we take a sympathetic view if people are experiencing difficulty in paying rent, we must still maximise the income we receive and as such we will take action against any tenant who does not pay their rent or maintain arrangements to repay rent arrears. Rent arrears may prevent a transfer, mutual exchange or right to buy application.

For advice on all debt related matters contact the Citizens Advise Bureau's website www.cas.org.uk who will be able to provide you with information and contact details should you wish to speak to an adviser.

Housing Benefit

Housing Benefit (HB or rent rebate) is a government subsidy administered by the local authority (West Dunbartonshire Council or Argyll & Bute Council), which helps people who are on lower incomes to pay their rent. If you qualify for a rebate, you will pay a reduced montly rent amount every month.

We are very keen to see all those who might quality for benefit applying for it. In particular, if you are either in a lower paid job or in receipt of any form of benefit from the Department of Social Security, then you should put in a claim for Housing Benefit. If you are in any doubt as to whether you would qualify for Housing Benefit then you should apply.

If you apply for housing benefit, it is important that you submit an application form, with all information complete. If additional information is requested, you must ensure that this is provided straight away as failure can result in your claim being made ineligible.

In this Section

  • Gas ServicingGas Servicing

    Read More
  • Information UpdateInformation Update

    Read More
  • Making A ComplaintMaking A Complaint

    Read More
  • Money Matters & Welfare ReformMoney Matters & Welfare Reform

    Read More
  • Report A RepairReport A Repair

    Read More
  • Report An Emergency RepairReport An Emergency Repair

    Read More
  • Mutual ExchangeMutual Exchange

    Read More
  • Request For InformationRequest For Information

    Read More
  • Tenants HandbookTenants Handbook

    Read More
  • Apply For A HouseApply For A House

    Read More
  • Money Skills Argyll Money Skills Argyll

    Read More

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.