Apply For A House

To be considered for a Dunbritton Housing Association property , you must complete a HOME Argyll housing application form and select your preferred locations to live on the Areas of Choice form.

As Dunbritton is part of a common housing register you complete only one application form which will enable you to apply to other landlords at the same time. Argyll Community Housing Association (ACHA), Fyne Homes, West Highland Housing Association and Dunbritton Housing Association started the common housing register in 2006.

As 50% of our vacant properties are allocated to West Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute Council Homeless Sections this provides any person or persons who have been awarded homeless priority a greater chance to be re-homed.

As all four of the HOME Argyll partners use the same allocations policy, this has created uniformity when corresponding with new applicants, assessing all applications both new and amended, assessing health and housing need applications and allocating properties, detailing a response time for various stages of the application process.

If you are applying to be housed in West Dunbartonshire Areas with Dunbritton, you will need to complete a HOME Argyll application form. As we only use one application form this applies to both West Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute areas.

Dunbritton has Shared Ownership properties in Dumbarton and Alexandria. If you are interested in purchasing a share of a property and paying rent on the remaining share then you must complete a Shared Ownership application form to be added to the mailing list, notifying you of any properties that become available for sale.

Should you have any medical conditions that are affecting your quality of living in your current home, you should complete a Health and Housing Need form to be considered for medical points.

Paper application forms are no longer in use as we have introduced a web based application which can be located on www.homeargyll.co.uk and clicking the online application link on the top right hand side of the page.

Following completion of your application form

You can hand the application form into our office, Argyll Community Housing Association (ACHA), Fyne Homes or West Highland Housing Association’s offices also or alternatively post the form to us.

However, please be aware that one first of second class stamp is not sufficient postage for the application form to be received. Take your application form to the Post Office for weighing to ensure it is delivered.

Keeping your options open

To maximise your chances of a more suitable property, have a look at the Housing Options page for inspiration.

In this Section

  • Average RentsAverage Rents

    Read More
  • Current PropertiesCurrent Properties

    Read More
  • Board & StaffBoard & Staff

    Read More
  • Our Staff MembersOur Staff Members

    Read More
  • List of Board MembersList of Board Members

    Read More
  • Our Vision Purpose & ValuesOur Vision Purpose & Values

    Read More

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.