01475 783637 (office & emergency repairs)

 Making a Complaint 

We do attempt to deliver a good service to our customers, but accept that sometimes things go wrong. Our complaints handling procedure aims to deal with customers’ concerns when they arise.

Our procedure complies with the conditions set out and issued in 2012 by The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO).

The procedure is different in the following ways:

  • Making a complaint is easier – it doesn’t have to be made in writing or formally to count as a complaint.
  • The stages you have to go through are less. Once you have contacted frontline staff to raise your complaint, there is just one further investigation stage before it is processed completely.
  • There is no recourse to the management committee.

We believe the CHP allows us to have clear information quicker when our services fail to deliver what our customers need. Senior staff will review all complaints and management committee will review trends and outcomes. If a complaint points to a need for change we will follow through with changes to services.

If you wish to make a complaint you can telephone our office on 01475 783637, visit us at our offices, put your complaint in writing to: Cloch Housing Association, 19 Bogle Street, Greenock PA15 1ER or email us at office@clochhousing.org.uk


Raising Concerns About A Landlord

If you are unhappy with the service the Association provided, you should make your using the above procedure. You also have the right to complain to the SPSO (http://www.scottishombudsman.org.uk/) if you remain dissatisfied.

Significant performance failures

This is something your landlord does or fails to do, which puts the interests of the tenants at risk. This does, or could, affect all your landlord’s tenants. You should refer this to the Scottish Housing Regulator (http://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/what-we-do/raising-concerns-about-landlord).


Housing Support Service – Warden Service (Elliott Court)

If your complaint is about the Association’s Housing Support Service this can be referred to the Care Inspectorate (http://www.scswis.com/) if you remain dissatisfied after going through the Complaints Handling Procedure.

Complaints Handling Procedure Unacceptable Actions Policy

In this Section

  • Your HomeYour Home

    Read More
  • Your TenancyYour Tenancy

    Read More
  • Semi-detached properties

    Your RentYour Rent

    Read More
  • Get InvolvedGet Involved

    Whether you want to give feedback on our services or are looking to help shape our organisation see what you can do to get involved. 

    Read More

Got an Emergency? We've got you covered! Contact our office on 01475 783637

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.