0141 771 7722

Having Problems Paying Your Rent?
If you are having difficulty paying your rent, please contact us immediately as experience has shown that the earlier these problems are dealt with the easier they are to resolve.  Our staff will do all they can to assist any tenants who find themselves in this situation.  We will discuss your situation in confidence and help set up a payment plan that is affordable to you and acceptable to us, to help you bring your rent account up to date.  We can also offer advice and assistance on how to apply for housing or other benefits.   

You can also speak to our Welfare Benefits Advisor, who is independent of the Association and whose service is both free and confidential.  She knows about all the different types of benefits available and can check whether you are receiving everything you are entitled to e.g. if you have a disability, if you care for someone else, if you are elderly, have children, or work but still have a low income.  She can also help you apply for benefits and lodge an appeal against any claim for any benefit that has been refused.  If you are in any doubt as to whether you may qualify for benefit, why not make an appointment with the Welfare Benefits Advisor who will be only too happy to help.

Getting Help with Your Rent
If you apply for benefit, make sure you provide all the information required, otherwise your claim will not be processed and you may lose out on any benefit due.  If you currently receive housing benefit and your income or family circumstances change, e.g. someone moves in or out of the house, starts or stops work, leaves school, etc. you must contact the Association and the Housing Benefit Office at 7 Shandwick Square, Easterhouse, Glasgow.  Tel: 0141 287 1270.   If you don’t, your benefit could be reduced or stopped altogether.  From time to time, the Housing Benefit Office may review your entitlement to benefit and ask you to provide or confirm information to support your claim.  You must do this straight away, as failure to do so can result in your claim being made defective.  If this happens, you will be left to pay the rent yourself, plus any arrears that have built up.

Not Entitled to Benefit?
Even if you don’t qualify for benefits, but are generally finding it difficult to manage, we can put you in touch with other organisations that can give you advice about any debt that is worrying you, not just your rent.

Rent Arrears and Legal Action
While we are here to help, you must remember it is your responsibility to keep your rent account up to date.  It doesn’t matter whether you pay full rent or you get part or full housing benefit, it is up to you to make sure the rent is paid.  If you fall into difficulty, contact us straight away.  If you make a payment arrangement with the Association, we will not take any further action, so long as you keep to it.  But, if you fail to contact us or to make and keep to an acceptable payment arrangement, the Association will have to start court proceedings to recover the debt.  This may result in your wages being arrested or you being evicted.  Such action is always a last resort for the Association, but we will use it if we need to.  So please get in touch before the arrears get out of hand and help us to help you!

Any tenant who finds they are having difficulty meeting their monthly rent payments should contact a member of the Associations Property Services Team immediately.

In this Section

Staff Log-In

Please enter your details for access to the staff area.